Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

SPANISH AND BOTTOM FISH

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

SPANISH AND BOTTOM FISH

Postby captainbutch » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:03 pm

SUNDAY 7-31-05: Today we got offshore with the MD & DC gang. There was not any lightning showing so we left for the tower area in pursuit of bottom fish. I was informed when we got back that it had rained on shore all day. We had perfect fishing weather all day, overcast and cool with a light breeze. From past trips I knew that the black bass had been scarce for me on the W and SW side of the tower, mostly grunts and B-liners were over there. I knew of a spot to the E of the tower, about 12 miles, That I felt like would hold some black bass. I pulled the "YEAH RIGHT" up on the rock and as I did, I told Capt. Chris, we are marking some fish here about 30 feet thick. We were in 120 feet of water, the rock came up to 60 feet, and on top of that were 30 feet of fish. We got anchored up and the catching was on. These were big black bass mostly. It wasn't too long before here we got 5 limits of bass and even pulled a decent king mackeral off a light line. Also, got a shark that we invited in for a photo shoot before he was released. Yours truly got the honors to pose with this one, all of a sudden, everyone else was too busy to hold him up!!! We left there in pursuit of B-liners and grunts. I told them they have been on the SW side. We went there and in short order, we were on these fish. Everyone strung their fish up seperately on stringers and they are pictured with their catch:From L to R. Jerry Covington, John Blakeney,Vander Covington, Ray Johnson, and Tony Fouch. Capt. Chris and I look foreward to our trips with these guys. They have fished with us several times now, and it is always fun!!!!! THANKS guys for another great day on the water!!!Check out pic's on my site!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster,and Bodie,"the fish dog".YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com

SATURDAY,7-30-05: All the storms kept us at the dock this morning. It is one thing to get caught offshore in a storm, but to go offshore in a storm, no thanks!! From what I heard, I made the right decision. I moved our full day to a half day and met the guys at the dock at 2:30 PM after all the storms had passed. We went to Lockwood Folly Inlet and in 2 1/2 hours we had 60 spanish mackeral. I'll have their names tomorrow, for we are going to try to get offshore tomorrow. Also, there wont be any pictures, somebody forgot to bring the camera!! I will try to do better!!!!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster,and Bodie "the fish dog".... YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central