Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

FALL REPORT

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

FALL REPORT

Postby captainbutch » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Sunday 10-16-05: Met up with some local residents today to go fishing for a 1/2 day. Capt. Chris and I had the honor to share the boat with Matt and Richard Provencher and Tom Wisniewski, we fished the horseshoe area today. We chose that area because the beach bite was not real hot saturday so we took a gamble and ran through the rough water in hopes that the fish had pulled back offshore some. It was a pretty good call. We caught one king mackeral, but,we had about 10 or 12 runs that did not get hooked up and probably that many baits cut in half. While trolling around, I marked a school of Amberjacks and we decided to drop down on those. We managed to boat two of those, had several to break off (if you have ever hooked one, you know why, they are not called "reef donkeys" for nothing)!!! About this time the tide went slack and the fish, as they do a lot of times, just dissapeared, vanished, gone!!!! Everyone was wore out by this time anyway, so we came back in. Called a friend who had fished the beach, only to be told that we made the right decision because the beach bite had shut down. If the weather holds and the full moon wains, I believe the fall king bite will resume again. Only time will tell!!! The report I got from the piers was that things have been a little slow with some "spotty" spot action, a few trout being caught along with some bluefish. King action was reported as slow, real slow. Hang in there and let this fresh water get flushed out of here and things should blow wide open. I am predicting that by this weekend we should be in the heart of a full fledged fall bite, I have been wrong before, so don't hold me to this, but I think it will be here by then if the weather stays stable. As I mentioned before, Only time will tell!!!! CHECK OUT PIC'S ON MY SITE.Till then, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private" Bodie, "the fish dog" says HI.!!!! YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, Southport,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central