Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

KINGS ARE BITING

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

KINGS ARE BITING

Postby captainbutch » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:25 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEDNESDAY 11-2-05: I don't have a "hands on" report as I had to take a few days for routine maintenance on the YEAH RIGHT, its tackle, and its crew. The big fish we have been hooking up with lately has demanded our attention to details. We will be back at it no later than Friday, then we will have a personal report for you. But my fishing report sources tell me that the kings are "chewing " on anything they see swimming in the tower area.Live bait is getting hard to get on the beach, but don't worry, frozen cigar minnows are working just fine. So stop by DUTCHMAN CREEK BAIT & TACKLE, grab several boxes and go fishing. Their phone # (910)457-1221. I know from personal experience a few days ago they were biting on the East side!!! Also in the tower area, the bottom fish are saying let's GIT-R-DONE!!! To our SW and west, the 65 foot hole, jungle, atlantic ledges and surrounding hot spots are producing kings as well. The spots have been biting good. You might want to try a falling tide in the Coast Guard Channel area in the Cape Fear River. Be sure NOT to anchor up between the RED and GREEN CHANNEL MARKERS, and block the Coast Guard Boats from coming and going, this tends to cause bad results!!! Also, if they are not biting on this end, the Lockwood Folly area has been producing spots as well. The Lighthouse Rocks chain is starting to produce some good catches of grey trout, respectible size black bass, and we have already scored our first CITATION SIZED RED FISH of the year and have had several more hooked but they did the "quick release" for us!!! The flounder are still biting fair and the grouper are still at your favorite king holes in the 70-80' range, but you better get them now for they won't be there much longer before they migrate back to the 100+ depth ranges to spend the winter. We have been catching some of the bigger Thresher Sharks in the 110-120' depths about 42 miles offshore. The B-Liners(vermillion snapper) are "stacked up" good offshore. I haven't been or heard from the stream but I predict the Wahoo bite should still be good. Come on down and get in on the fall fishing, you will have to do a little adjusting to a different strategy as this year has not been nomal at all. But be flexible, and you too will catch your share of fall fish. The weather is cooler, the hot, humid days of summer are gone, it's just down right NICE!!! I hope I didn't forget anything, probably did!! Just give me a call(910)845-2004 or email [email protected] if I didn't help you on the type of fish you want to catch and I will do my best to find out for you what's going on with those also!!! Till next time FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private Bodie" the fish dog, says HI.!!! YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT, NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central