Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

KING MACKERAL BITE ON FIRE!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

KING MACKERAL BITE ON FIRE!!!

Postby captainbutch » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:20 am

SATURDAY 12-3-05: Todays charter cancelled because the winds had blown all week, I assured him that the fish would still be offshore, but he couldn't be convinced. So Capt. Chris and his mom Barbara, and I went fishing. Yeah, I got a I went fishing, fishing report!!!! We headed the "YEAH RIGHT" south east this morning, Capt. Chris's mom and I were stretched out on a couple of bean bags in the back of the boat. Today, I was going fishing, and I thought I was going to take it easy, WRONG!!! After a quick look at a satellite imagery of the water temps. Capt. Chris was at the helm and wasn't going to back off the throttles until he hit 69* water. After about a 50 minute ride, I heard the engines start to wind down to a fast idle. 72 degrees I heard from the helm, I got up and took over the helm while Capt. Chris got the reels ready, seeing anything, he asked, yeah, it looks pretty good, I replied. We were not planning on what was to come, usually when we go on a commercial trip, we leave at daybreak. It was nearly noon, we were planning on bottom fish. I told Capt. Chris this looks like King Mackeral. Let's give it a try, said Capt. Chris. Well as the old saying goes," the rest is history"!!! Leave out of Southport,NC from where the Cape Fear River empties into the ocean, head SSE till you find 70* water, approximately 30 miles offshore, find some bait somewhere in the water column, drop in some frozen cigar minnows, and just try and see if you can get more than one rod apiece in the water. They are taking the baits as you are letting them out. The tide dropped out on us and the winds shifted to the SE, that slowed the bite late in the evening, good thing though, if they had kept on biting the way they were, we would still be there!!! As I have said before, when that "window" opens a bit, be ready to go, the opportunity gets smaller in the winter, but when you can get there, the fish are hungry!!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private Bodie" the fish dog, says HI!!! SEE THE PIC'S ON MY SITE!!! YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central