Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

GOOD WINTER FISHING!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

GOOD WINTER FISHING!!!

Postby captainbutch » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:48 am

SATURDAY,12-23-05: Well, the weather decided to give us a break so Capt. Chris and I along with an old friend I had not seen in years, Eric Ross, from Pinehurst left out this morning on a southerly course in search of King Mackeral. We found some 66 degree water about 35 miles offshore with bait schools in the area. A lot of the fish that were there were too small to meet the 24 inch length limit so we released more than we were able to retain. But we were able to complete the qualification of our Federal King Mackeral Permits today, glad to have that behind us!! The King Mackeral Capt. Chris is holding in the picture was a NC Citation at 33 lbs.

Now if you like to catch Bonitos, False Albacores, Boneheads, Fat Alberts, or whatever you call them, there are all you want right now offshore!!! You can spoon them or bait them, they don't care, they will accomodate you!!! The bottom fishing is doing well too. Also, be sure to check out the "BIG" shark we invited to a photo shoot before we released him!!!

So, in closing, if you can get a good weather day, go for it!! The fishing offshore is good!!! Just grab a few boxes of cigar minnows and some king rigs and go have some fun. They are there waiting for you!!! It's late, I'm tired, "Private Bodie" the fish dog has already "crashed and burned" as have Capt. Chris, and I am just before doing the same!! I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. Be sure to see them on my site !!!Till next time, FISH ON!!, Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private Bodie" the fish dog says HI!!!. YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central