Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

GOOD OFFSHORE BITE!!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

GOOD OFFSHORE BITE!!!!

Postby captainbutch » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:42 pm

FRIDAY 1-6-06: There hasn't been much fishing going on this week, but, there has been some. But, before I touch base on the fishing, I'll try to remember all the up coming events and give you a run down on those. To start off with, our BOATERS WORLD SEMINARS will resume around March!!!

In February, on the 25th, at VECTOR MARINE in Wilmington, will be the fishing school. The last time I talked to Gary at the FISHERMANS POST, he had a few seats left open. The price of the school is worth the chance to win an 8 ft. Menhaden Net that "YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS" will be raffleing off as a door prize. The net is being donated by our sponsor LEE FISHER NETS out of Tampa, FL. Be sure to go by and see them at the RALEIGH BASS & SALTWATER EXPO. next week and tell them we sent you by!!! We only accept sponsorship from companys we believe in, and we believe they, LEE FISHER NETS, have the finest cast nets we have ever used!!! We will have one at our booth for you to look at at the Saltwater expo.

Speaking of the EXPO. that starts next Friday, January 13th. at Raleigh. Be sure to come by our booth and see Capt. Chris and myself. "PRIVATE BODIE" the fish dog will be there some also.

While at the Expo. be sure to come to our seminars. We would really enjoy having you there. We will be in seminar room "B", in the Graham Building. On Friday, the 13th, at 1:00PM we will be talking about BLUE WATER, (GULFSTREAM) BIG GAME FISHING, this will cover such species as Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi-Mahi, Bill Fish. Now, on Saturday, the 14th. at 10:00AM, we will be talking about OFFSHORE BOTTOM FISHING. This will cover bottom fishing, how to find good places to bottom fish before you ever leave the house, Grouper Tactics, and tips on how to anchor. On Sunday, the 14th. at 12:00 noon, we will be doing the bottom fishing again just in case you can't make it on Saturday. Come on down to Raleigh and join us!!! If we are not talking on a subject you are interested in, I am sure someone there will be covering the type fishing you are interested in!!!

Now, as for the fishing: The grouper are biting well about 40 miles offshore. The black bass are biting like "bulldogs on a rampage" about 20 miles out. The King Mackeral are anybodys guess right now. The water has cooled down in the Tower area, and no one has been able to get out to look for them because of the weather. The only decent day we had this week was spent on bottom and grouper!!!

The speckled Trout fishing has been real good this winter!!!
It should still be doing good.

The Redfish fishing in the shallows is good!!

Striper fishing, the last time I went, was terrible. Let me rephrase that, the trip was real nice, the catching was non-existant!! The recent rains has kept the waters dirty and as I have said before, you can catch fish in dirty water, you can catch fish in cold water, but in cold and dirty water, it's all but impossible!!! It is past time for them, but the conditions need to improve!!!

Now, get a load of this, the reports are that the Bluefin Tuna are supposed to have been sighted to the East of the Tower. Also, heard of one being caught off Carolina Beach this week!! Now this is what I have been told, I do not have any hardcore evidence, but was told it came from a reliable source. They have gone somewhere though, the bite at Morehead has been off this year. Either they are all gone, been caught, or are using a different area this winter. Nothing is impossible in this fishing game!!! Would that not be awesome if we were to pick up the winter Bluefin Fishery here off of Southport!! Most likely too good to be true, but, let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

The "YEAH RIGHT" has now got all new full curtains. We came up with a different idea for curtains that should stop all the spray from entering the boat. Capt. Chris and I are really excited about these curtains. We have never seen any like them, and the testing so far has proved to be great!!! We will be finishing up the routine winter maintenance today, and next week she will be going to SUPPLY MARINE in Supply to get her engines updated for the up coming season. If you have a HONDA or YAMAHA engine and need service by someone that knows these two engines and knows what he is doing, see Mike at SUPPLY MARINE. The man has impressed me with his knowledge and expertise he has shown on my HONDAS. After the first trip there, my engines were finally set up and run the way they were supposed to run!!!! Keep up the good work Mike!!

As the fishing picks up, or, gets worse, you can find out about it right here. We pass on any info. we get and if we go fishing, let you know what we have done, be it good or bad!!! Posting fishing reports this time of year can be real tough, but we will do what we can when we get the reports. Hope to see you in Raleigh next weekend!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and "Private Bodie" the fish dog says, HI!!!!. YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central