Home

Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Reel Adv. Flounder, Kings, and WB Redfish and MORE!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Reel Adv. Flounder, Kings, and WB Redfish and MORE!

Postby Reel Adventure » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:33 pm

The past two weeks have been great! Lots of charters and lots of fish! For the past week or so we have been doing well with the Bluefish and Gray Trout at the Liberty Ship. We even got a Tautog! The Bonito's popped up a few times only to dive right back down and elude us. There are many being caught right now if you put your time in to target them. The Bluefish are biting almost any jig you drop over or near the wreck. If it too rough to get off shore we stayed inside and fished the WB jettys with live pogys. The Pogys are thick in the dredge pond. The jetty fishing has been productive and fun with light tackle sharks and bluefish. We had a 3' shark on a light freshwater rod with 10lb spiderwire and landed it! Lots of fun.

Left out Thursday with John McDow and Devin on John's boat and headed to Frying Pan tower. We had a great time but the kings were thin. We had 68 degree water but little bait was around. We ended up with 2 kings and a ton of Jacks. The Berkley Gulp! cigar minnows worked excellent and troll nicely. We caught one of our Kings and a few Jacks on them. The thing I like about them is they track very nicely and dont have the tendency to spin like frozen cigar minnows do at times. Another great Gulp! product! Thanks John for the invite. I had a great time fishing with you and Devin.

Today Mark and I did some inshore scouting around the Wrightsville beach area and were greeted by a nice school of smaller reds and a few flounder! The redfish were way back up on a flat and were schooled tightly. At first they would not bite so we eased my flats boat closer and closer to them and one finally took the Gulp! jerk bait just inches off the side of my boat! We quickly snapped a pic and released him. The reds were smaller in size and you had to work hard to get a larger one to bite. We left the shallow water area and Mark instantly hooked into a nice flounder which was also released. We got a few more and headed home. I plan to spend a lot of time around Wrightsville this year .One thing I am going to do with Flounder from now on is no more live bait for them! We caught them on Gulp! shrimp drifted along the bottom. As soon as they bite set the hook! No missed hookups and no waiting!

If you need Gulp! Tex's Tackle is slam full of all the shapes, colors and sizes.

Lets go!
Capt. Matt Wirt
www.reel-adventure.com
Capt. Matt Wirt
Reel Adventure Charters
Next Level Custom Rods
www.reel-adventure.com
(910)-540-0570
Wilmington, NC
Reel Adventure
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy