Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Reel Adv. 7/6/06 MAHI, COBIA, REDS, FLOUNDER & MORE

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Reel Adv. 7/6/06 MAHI, COBIA, REDS, FLOUNDER & MORE

Postby Reel Adventure » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:22 pm

Our charter fishing trips out of Wrightsville and Carolina beach have been awesome! This has been a great week with lots of great catches!

OFFSHORE: The Mahi action is insane. We have had lots of Mahi boated and the jumping display they provide is a spectacular bonus. The biggest this week went 18 lbs and we could not get it to come to the boat with our king tackle. Every time it came close it would peel off more line….this is usually normal but this one would not stop! In fear of pulling the hooks we pulled the boat up beside it and did a high speed “drive by” gaffing. It almost beat the lid off off my fish box once inside! The cobia action has slowed but we are still pulling them up and had a nice legal cobia caught on the new 40lb stand up tackle. We also got a few kings, but no AJ’s latley. I think I might have thinned the heard or they might have caught wind of the new 40lb tackle. All fish were caught on live pogys. If you are looking for quality fish the large pogys are the ticket…try dead cigars or ballys for quanity.

INSHORE: Buzzards Bay is on fire! Yep I said it.. Like some other’s I am not scared to tell you where the fish are. They are everywhere in the bay. I have been TOLD one too many times not to talk about the bay by another capt…not asked told. I have been threatened, harassed and my trailer tires were slashed this week. Can you believe it? All this over the sport we love and I have been fishing this specific area for over a year now and the entire Cape Fear area all my life!! More to come on this later. Anyways the flounder and reds are biting anything that moves, try the creeks and the flats. If you dont find them on the flats then they are in the creeks and vice versa. Berkley Gulp! shrimp, live bait or spinner baits have all been working great. I will continue to report the truth and share the sport with others even if it is in Buzzards Bay….Ive got lots of spare tires.

Capt. Matt Wirt
www.reel-adventure.com
910-540-0570

Capt. Matt Wirt
Reel Adventure Charters
Next Level Custom Rods
www.reel-adventure.com
(910)-540-0570
Wilmington, NC
Reel Adventure
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy