Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Wrightsville Beach Fishing Report 7-19-07

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Wrightsville Beach Fishing Report 7-19-07

Postby Reel Adventure » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:46 am

Our charter fishing trips out of Wrightsville Beach and Carolina Beach N.C. are doing great, and are producing a nice amount of fish. Sight cast to sharks or redfish its up to you! Great catches this week: 6.6 lb Spanish, 7.4 lb Spanish and 4 sharks over 100lbs! Also check out our Shark article in the North Carolina Sportsman Magazine. It should be in the news stands today!

Inshore: The redfish and flounder continue to be the top producers. We are catching everything on Berkley Gulp! The redfish are feeding heavily and are very active due to the warm water temps. You almost have to put it right on their nose to get them to bite at times. They have no shortage of food this time of the year so you must make your bait stand of from the others to draw a strike. If the reds are feeding on mullet try a Gulp! Shrimp and if they are busting on shrimp (you will see the shrimp popping on the surface) throw a Gulp! Jerk bait or a Johnson gold spoon. This combination has been paying off nicely when matching the hatch and the bait they are chasing does not. The fish are everywhere right now…..flats, creeks, docks, river, ICW….everywhere. They are not jumping in the boat, but if you work hard at it you should get a few.

Offshore: The shark action has been exceptional. We have had many sharks over 30lbs, lots in the 50lb range, and we had one go over 100lbs and was weighed in on certified scales. My customer stated he wanted a few shark steaks… well he got them! This is some of the best action one could ask for and it is rare to go 10 minutes without a bite. We are using 40-50lb stand up tackle with 80 lb spider wire and 135lb main wire to fight these fish. This is still light tackle!!!! Be very careful sight casting to these sharks. Last year they all seemed to run away from the nets when hooked up. This year it seems they are all running for them. The shrimper’s don’t like hooks in the nets. It can damage their gear or pinch the net reducing their catch or worse. Be careful and respectful when fishing behind the shrimp boats. The Spanish have thinned out a bit but are still around. Try early morning for best results. The Kings are close by and I mean close! Try the inlets for best results and this is where you will also find the larger Kings. I refuse to run more then 10 miles out this time of year for snake kings. There are plenty in the 7 to 10 mile range and this cuts down on your ride time and maximizes your fishing time. The Amberjack fishing is still going strong.

If you are ready to hunt some redfish or catch LARGE sharks give me a call. I will guarantee the sharks but getting them to the boat is your job!

Let’s go!

Capt. Matt Wirt

Reel Adventure Charters

Next Level Custom Rods

910-540—0570

www.reel-adventure.com

www.wrightsvillebeachfishing.net

www.carolinabeachfishing.net
Capt. Matt Wirt
Reel Adventure Charters
Next Level Custom Rods
www.reel-adventure.com