Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Inshore Slam-Current Adventure Charters

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Inshore Slam-Current Adventure Charters

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:50 am

Fall is just around the corner and the fishing along the SE NC Coast is proving it!! I have not done much inshore fishing as of late because everyone wants to go deep sea fishing. Well, let me tell you, if you have ever wanted to hook into a big fish in shallow water, now is the time.

With the days shortening, the baitfish know its time to start heading South, and the game fish know it's time for an easy meal. This was never so evident as Friday afternoon while I had Brett N. on board. As we were making our way to a redfish hole, we notice the water exploding with fish feeding on school after school of finger mullet that were making their way down the marsh line. I shut off the Evinrude and dropped the Minn-Kota and quitely approached the marsh line. Soon, we saw a huge Speckled Trout leap out of the water through a school of mullet. I immediately started throwing a top water plug while my passenger fished a gulp bait on a jig head. Well, it didn't take long and Brett was hooked up. It wasn't a trout but a small redfish. A few minutes later, he reels in a small Flounder. "All you need now is a Speck and you'll have an inshore slam" I told him. Shortly there after, I caught a small Speck, but that didn't help Brett's quest for a slam. The next thing I know, Brett's rod is bent double and the drag is screaming. About 5 minutes later, Brett puts a 28-1/2", 8lb Redfish in the boat, his biggest red to date.

Soon, the action died, so we moved on to another location. It didn't take Brett long and soon he was hooked up again with some small redfish. He must have caught a half dozen small reds along with baby groupers and croakers. His rod seemed to stay bent all afternoon long. Then it happpened again and his rod starts to scream drag. After another long battle, he breaks his personal best again, this time its a 30-inch, 10-1/2lb redfish.

We spent the last hour of daylight back at our first spot and landed about a half dozen or so 16" speckled trout on topwater plugs and yes, Brett got his slam!!! Congratulation Brett.

It's time for some great fall fishing. Give me a call and book your trip today!!!
Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC
Current Adventure Charter
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central