Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

www.carolinabeachfishing.net 5-10-08 report

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

www.carolinabeachfishing.net 5-10-08 report

Postby Reel Adventure » Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 am

Hello everyone. The Wrightsville Beach Fishing and Carolina Beach Fishing is in full swing. I have been pretty busy with fishing, building custom fishing rods, and taking delivery of my new flats boat, and I have gotten behind on my fishing reports. Here is a quick, short report. The next one will have lots more info including video’s!

First, the new flats boat. To keep the report short and sweet I will sum up the new boat in one word….Awesome! Stay tuned for the next report for lots more on the Beavertail.

Now for the fishing:

Inshore: The redfish, speckled trout, flounder and black drum are doing well in the ICW and Cape Fear River. Live bait has been the bait of choice. There are small menhaden in the dredge pond and surrounding areas. Finger mullet should be here soon!

Offshore: The Spanish Mackerel are biting well just off the beach out to 5 miles along with the blues. King Mackerel are biting well around the dredge wreck and schoolhouse. I have been using cigar minnows, but yozuri’s and drone spoons will also work this time of year. The kings are biting throughout the entire water column.

A tip for the season: Soon the season will be in full swing and we will be slammed with boats. The Cape Fear area inshore is a small congested area. Please be respectful to your fellow boater. Just because you have a boat does not give you the god given right to do as you please. Learn your boat and the area you are running and fishing. Some of you that are new to the area would do well by picking up a chart and researching the areas you are fishing and running. This will not only prevent you from ticking people off by running on top of them but will also make you a better fisherman if you study the charts closely. If I can help any new comers or weekend visitors with navigating tips or fishing tips please call me. The tips are free!

Click here to view this weeks pics: http://reel-adventure.com/blog/

Capt. Matt Wirt
Reel Adventure Charters
Next Level Custom Rods
www.reel-adventure.com
www.carolinabeachfishing.net
www.wrightsvillebeachfishing.net
www.topsailislandfishingcharters.com
910-540-0570 Wilmington, NC
Capt. Matt Wirt
Reel Adventure Charters
Next Level Custom Rods