Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Topsail Beach Redfish-Huge Schools

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Topsail Beach Redfish-Huge Schools

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:05 am

I hit the water at 0530 Sunday morning to do a little pre-fishing for upcoming charters this week. The wind was calm, and the water was like a mirror. The first place I stopped, I had to search a little, but I was rewarded by finding a school of Redfish holding tight in a cove. These fish were schooled tight and willing to eat a top water plug. The first fish that I caught was a hefty 6.5lb upper slot fish. I felt like a kid in a candy store watching these fish wake around in the shallow water. I slipped my anchor into the water and proceeded to catch a couple more before easing out and leaving them alone.

Afterwards, I went searching for some more fish. I decided to check out a spot that I had looked at many times before, but had never found fish. Well today would be different. I spent quite a while in this location before I finally found the school, but when I did, it was on. There had to be at least 200 fish in this school, maybe more. Once again I caught a few fish, then slipped away quietly, leaving them in peace. Hopefully to will hold tight for this weeks upcoming charters.

There is a lot of great top water action to be had, so call and book your trip today!!!

Tight lines!!!

Capt. Brent
Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC
Current Adventure Charter
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central