Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

South Carolina Shallow Saltwater Report

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

South Carolina Shallow Saltwater Report

Postby pgdickson » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:15 am

I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get a report posted here. Through a long, miserable, chain of events, I have had to swap computers and software programs in order to get to where I could access the site.

We’ve run several trips in the last two weeks and they have all been good ones, at least the catching of fish has been good. The wind is still with us. One trip had 23 reds, another had 31, and another had 11 reds and 2 trout. Most of the fish were in the 3# to 6# size, with several that were around 9#, and two that were over 13#. The water temperature is around the mid to upper 50’s, so, it shouldn’t be too much longer before the trout start to show. Right now, they’re still in the deeper water.

The baits we’ve been using are mostly artificial jigs, spoons, and crank baits. I’ve not had a chance to use the soft jerk baits yet, but you can bet they will work great in this clear cool water. You will have to fish slowly, and not speed fish an area. The fish aren’t going to make a long run to get to a bait, they will want it right in front of their nose.

Remember, bright days, bright lures and dark days, dark lures.

Good fishing!

Gene
We have been guiding saltwater flats trips since 1983. We specialize in catching large red drum (redfish) and spotted sea trout (specks) on light tackle or fly rods. All of our guides experienced and are fully licensed.
pgdickson
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central