Terms of Use
 Web Development

Good Day Offshore

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Good Day Offshore

Postby captainbutch » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 am

6-6-09

The seas were in a big 5 to 6 foot swell this morning and by the evening, the NE winds had her pretty nasty in a 5 to 6+ foot chop with white water everywhere.

But the "Yeah Right II" handled it with no reservations, just ask Richaed Batson, Vince and son Jonathan Mounts, David Shields from Thomasville,NC along with Steve Hauser from Trinity ,NC and James O Wall III, from Greensboro,NC.

We started off SW of the Tower where we found the current screaming, but again Capt Chris and I put the plan together that we have used many times in the past and it wasn't long until the guys couldn't keep the fish off their hooks.

By mid morning we had filled a 150 quart cooler with some big Black Bass, Triggerfish, Grey Snappers, Silver Snappers, Vermillion Snappers, Sharks, Almaco Jacks and had the opportunity at several Grouper but today they won the battle.

One of the guys brought his long time favorite bottom fish rod even after I warned him that we fish for big bottom fish. First bite of the day for him was a grouper that snapped it into like a toothpick. I really hated to see that happen especially after I was told that he had caught bottom fish with the rod for 30 years.

But like I told him, nothing last forever!! We decided to move since the lite line wasn't producing anything where we were at. I made a run to where I thought we could catch some King Mackeral and Dolphin, turns out, I was right.

The action on the Kings and Mahi was almost as hot as the bottom fishing, I said almost, however, along with the Kings and Mahi we also got a nice cobia and a 'cuda.

The weather and sea current conditions we had didn't hold the boys from the piedmont area at bay. But I really didn't expect it to because I too am from that area, and we don't know the meaning of the word "can't"!!!!!!!

Till next time, God Bless All!!!!

Fish On!!!!!
Capt's Butch & Chris Foster

Check out our website, www.yeahrightcharters.com to see Jonathan fight his 1st King
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central