Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mahi-Mahi and Kings

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Mahi-Mahi and Kings

Postby captainbutch » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Went to the stream today with Todd and wife Melinda Hicks and their friends Scott and Sonya Rissmiller from Charlotte,NC
I hate to report that the hot bite that has been at the Black Jack was not there today. I trolled several ledges and made it out to the 100 fathom line and never saw the first sign of bait or fish. There was another boat in the area, and we never saw him hook up either!!
It looked like the dead sea!!! May not be that way tomorrow, but it was today. Around 1:00 PM I suggested that we run back in to where the Kings and Mahi have been lately to save the day.
We didn't have bait for this type fishing as we were going to the stream, but Capt Chris jigged up some baits and we pulled some small ballyhoo's and managed a few King Mackeral and Mahi-Mahi along with a Bonito we caught pulling a cedar plug on the ride out.
It was a good day with great people to spend the day with on the boat. We were reeling the lines in to head to the hill when a Mahi hit the bait and it was Melinda's turn at bat. I got the whole thing on video, be sure to check it out on our website.
Till next time, God Bless You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fish On!!!!!
Capt's. Butch & Chris Foster
www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central