Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

River Redfish - Current Adventure Charters

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

River Redfish - Current Adventure Charters

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:55 pm

The Redfish fishing near area rivers has been very good this week. Friday I fished the New River area of N. Topsail Beach with good friends Boyd and Will. These two have been trying to catch a Redfish on the fly for a couple of years now, but it seems that every time they come, the wind blows. Well, this trip was no exception, but it was not howling as it usually is and we had plenty of chances. I poled the new Vantage into the skinny water and worked three different schools of Redfish for a couple of hours, but Boyd and Will just couldn't seem to get the fly in front of the fish. After watching reds push, role and tail all around us, they couldn't stand it any more and picked up the spin tackle and immediately hooked up.

We worked the fish for a little longer then called it a day and headed home. Baits for the day were grubs fished on weighted hooks.

Today, I had Tanner from East Cape Canoes and Skiffs join me on the Cape Fear River looking for the Reds. Tanner, who has family in Holden Beach, worked on building my new Vantage and it was a pleasure to have him aboard. We fished for several hours poling the flats and working some areas that I hadn't fished in awhile. We ended up with six Redfish for the morning and missed a few others.
Gulp shrimp fished on weighted hooks and bucktail jigs were the baits of choice today.

The Redfish fishing is hot so call and book your trip today!!
Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC
Current Adventure Charter
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central