Terms of Use
 Web Development

FINALLY OFFSHORE

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

FINALLY OFFSHORE

Postby captainbutch » Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

5-31-12

After all the storms and winds we headed offshore today with Keith Brewer, Curtis Underwood, Ned Wilcoxon, Austin Brys, Jonathan Hood, and Chris Hart from Blairsville, GA.

Since we were after bottom fish, and since the Black Bass season doesn't open until tomorrow, I went where I thought we could catch some fish to keep and not have to catch and release Black Bass all day.

Do I know what I am doing or am I just lucky, I'll let you be the judge of that. All I know is that most of the fish we caught today were NOT Black Bass and we caught plenty of fish to bring home!!!

The guys caught Grey Snappers, Silver Snappers, Vermillion Snappers, Grouper, Triggerfish, Jacks, Calico Bass, Rudder Fish, Sharks, Mahi Mahi, and yes, a few throw back bass.

It doesn't seem fair that tomorrow is the opening day of Black Bass season and I have a 1/2 day trip on the beach. That's OK, I will be after them on Saturday if the winds don't mess things up!!!

It's late, I've got to get ready for tomorrow and I have to write a fishing article for the Pilot Magazine yet tonight. So, I will let the picture tell the rest of the "fish tale"......

Check back tomorrow night and see how we do on a beach that has been hammered all week by winds and waves. It should be interesting, and tough!!!!

Till next time, God Bless My Son and Everyone Else!!!!

Fish On!!!!
Capt. Butch Foster

Joshua 1:8 Always remember what is written in the book of the teachings. Study it and be sure to obey everything that is written there. If you do this, you will be wise and successful in everything.
Attachments
053112b.jpg
053112b.jpg (236 KiB) Viewed 10454 times
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central