Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

ANOTHER "BIGUN" !!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

ANOTHER "BIGUN" !!!!

Postby captainbutch » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:33 pm

On saturday,3-26-05 we were booked with two half day trips. The morning trip was greeted with a stiff NE wind wind that made us abort our offshore plans and turn to a southwesterly trip to a spot not far offshore to a live bottom area. Although this spot has been a good producer for us for years, I was concerned that it was just a little early in the year for this place to produce, but due to the sea conditions, it was the best plan I could come up with on such short notice. The fish were there, but very scattered. There were some other boats not far from us reporting that they could not get the fish to bite. That made me start looking for more concentrated schools, that was the ticket. The first pictures on the left was our first trip. The fishermen were Jon Anderson and his fiance' Rhonda Tomlinson, Mike Anderson, and Steven Anderson. Although the morning waves held us at bay, we ended up with several tasty meals of black bass and sharks for the grill.......

We met up with Tim Pierce, Preston Pierce,Trever Pierce,Dan Cywinski, Luke Farrel,and Casey Farrel For the second session of todays fishing. I guess you can call it the "luck of the draw", but by this time the winds had shifted and the seas had layed down to 2 to 3 feet. So we took off to offshore grounds. As we were crossing Frying Pan Shoals, the seas were building, they built to 3 to 5 feet. But we had already crossed the shoals, and knowing the direction they were from, I was hoping if we went around the shoals coming back, it would be layed down. IT WAS!! We were after king mackeral, it was tough fishing in the rough conditions, but we prevailed. Preston's dad Tim told us going out that if a big fish was caught, Preston would catch one, he said Preston could catch a fish out of a mud puddle!!! Who am I to argue with him, yeah ,you've most likely figured it out. The guy in the yellow shirt behind the two holding his BIG king is PRESTON, HIS FIRST KING MACKERAL, A 471/2 POUNDER. This fish also got him a North Carolina Citation to put on his wall to prove to non-believers up there in Erie, PA. Now don't go getting any ideas, I have already contracted him to fish with me in king mackeral tournaments. All these guys and gals on both these trips were the greatest, Rhonda, Capt. Chris and I are sorry your fishing was cut short, so we have decided to make you HONORARY MATE of the day!! Click on the pictures on my site to get a larger view. Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch and Capt. Chris Foster. YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central