Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

GIVE OUT, NOT UP!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

GIVE OUT, NOT UP!!!

Postby captainbutch » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:49 am

On 4-5-05 Dave Germain, pictured on left, and Dale Westall of Southport went fishing with me on a 1/2 day trip. I will have to admit, this was one of the toughest days of fishing I believe I have had in years. The winds have "HOWELED" for weeks now and it has dirtied up the water as well as blowing in some cold water. The other fishermen, with full day and gulfstream trips, and the guys that had gone out to king mackeral commercial fishing were reporting that NO kings could be found anywhere, did not hear of one being caught. The gulf stream had only given up a couple small wahoo, with most fishermen drawing a blank. (HEY, don't dispair, it does this nearly every year, it WILL get better, SOON!!!) These guys were lucky though, they were in the good bottom fishing waters and here I was stuck inshore with dirty, cold water with a tide rip that an 8oz. sinker would barely hold the bottom and almost a slack tide. Now in my fishing experience, things can't get much worse for fishing. We stopped on every hump and ridge, rock, live bottom area and all we had to show for it was about 5 fish. But, just to show you, "never give up", We went to a ledge I had marked several years ago and have never found much on it, but with the rip flowing the way it was, is served as a current break and tucked down behind it was a good school of black bass.We hunted for fish for 4 hours then BAM, they limited out in nearly 30 minutes catch them 2 at a time as fast as they could drop down keeping only the better sized ones. I could have easily give up, perserverance will usually prevail. YOU CAN GIVE OUT, BUT, DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! You can check out the pic's on my site. Feel free to up load them to other sites, I don't know how yet!!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!!!! Capt. Butch and Capt. Chris Foster. Yeah Right Sportfishing Charters, Southport, NC (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central