Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

ATLANTIC BONITO!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

ATLANTIC BONITO!!!

Postby captainbutch » Sun May 08, 2005 12:11 pm

On 5-7-05 we met up with Matt Ferace, you guessed it, he's the one holding the little blue fish, every time he got to a rod with a fish on it, that's what he had, looked like his luck and the recent weather go hand in hand!!! Kevin Parolari, he is holding two atlantic bonito, Fred Juneau is holding a nice gray trout, Ryan Jordan (not pictured) had an atlantic bonito close enough to the boat to see it was easily the biggest one of the day, of coarse, the big one always gets away!!! The bottom fish came while we were waiting to see if the seas were going to lay down any. The weather was forecast for it to but I can't figure why I was paranoid about it, can you? Well it did lay down, so we took off to the 90/90 to find the water had cooled down from last week and the bonito bite had cooled down also. And you'll never guess what happened!!! Just as it has been for the last two months, the winds picked up to a stiff 20 mph building the seas to a good 4 to 6 ft. Why couldn't it do that before I had to run 25 miles back, oh well, I'm starting to get used to it and hey, at least we made it out today!! I guess being a charter captain and only human, it is easy for me to loose the aspect that you don't have to always catch a lot of fish to have a great charter. These guys restored that fact to me today, they had a good time and it rubbed off on me and capt. chris as well. Good fun, good comradrie, good eating, good stories, good fishing, ( I didn't say good catching) but everyone realized that's why it's called fishing and not catching!!! THANKS GUYS, it was fun!!! Well, the weather has been forecast to start showing signs of improving, we will see. We need some warm weather the beach water is still cold, about 10* below normal, keeping the fish mostly offshore and the winds need to lighten up so we can get to them. I believe that things are going to change shortly(got to keep thinking positive), and when it does, look out, the fish will be inshore feeding with a vengence. I predict that when it all comes together, it is going to explode!!! And it looks like things might come together in the next few weeks!!!!OK, lets put all this bad weather behind us and let's go fishing and do some catching!!! Check out pic's on our site www.yeahrightcharters.com Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch and Capt. Chris Foster, YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport, NC (910) 845.2004.
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central