Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

SO MANY FISH, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

SO MANY FISH, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

Postby captainbutch » Mon May 30, 2005 8:34 pm

5-22-05 OK, I will try to get caught up here a little. I will start with the bottom picture and work my way up: Capt. Chris and I picked up Brad & Shawna Needham & Laren & Harvey Blackwelder for a half day of fishing only to find that the full moon in May had things pretty much shut down. All boats were reporting fishing bad at its best. However we kept looking and searching and came up with a few fish. A long way from what I would have liked to find but sometimes no matter how hard you try, you get reminded why it is called fishing and not catching. We had a good trip and everyone was happy to share in Brad & Shawna's Anniversary, a real special couple!!! It is an honor to know you!!!
5-27-05 Well as fishing goes, the full moon passed and the fish got hungry again. I had the pleasure to go fishing with one of my old bass and striper fishing buddies. Dale and his wife, Ella, share the same last name as I but as far as we know there is no kin involved. We got to thinking about when we used to fish together back in Lexington,NC and was shocked when we figured out that somewhere around 20 to 25 years have already passed. That's nearly impossible to believe, time waits for no one!!!! We had a good day even though we didn't find any king mackeral and all the other boats that were looking for kings reported not finding any and the seas built to around 8 feet so if we did find some it would probably be too rough to troll for them so we went to the bottom. A good catch resulted of many different bottom species. If you see Dale, ask him which one pulls the hardest, a 20 lb. striper or a 20 lb. Gag Grouper. Dale, it was nice to see you again and meet your wife Ella, who by the way I believe showed Dale she can hold her own with a fishing rod, This lady knows how to fish!!!! When you check out the picture, remember this catch was done by two people. Really enjoyed it guys, hope to see you again soon!!!!
5-28-05 The next picture is of Tim Martin, John Rest, Van Ellis, Randy Poe, and Gary Hurley. It was Saturday now and we were headed to the gulf stream. The farther we went the bigger the waves got and the predicted 10 knot winds were already blowing a steady 25 knot plus. I didn't want to but for the safety of all I suggested we abort the stream trip to a full day and stay in a little calmer waters of 6 to 8 feet. Everyone agreed and we turned the boat east, went to some grouper rocks and the catching began and lasted all day!!!! Even though we didn't make it to the Gulf stream, we still caught Mahi-Mahi and king mackeral. The grouper holes we were fishing that day were in close proximinity so we would put out the "hoo's" and troll to each spot and that strategy worked out real well. It was a ROUGH WEATHER, and I mean a ROUGH WEATHER DAY, but we managed to pull it out. Ask these guys how it is to fish in a "hurricane". That's why when I am asked what size boat do I need to go out in, my reply is always" don't buy one to go out in, buy one to come back in". When we left it was nice, and after we went nearly 40 miles we were already committed and it turned bad fast, But the "YEAH RIGHT" proved her seaworthy characteristics again and brought us home safely with a load of fish which consisted of Mahi-Mahi, king mackeral, trigger fish, grouper, pinkys, B-liners, black bass, joltheads, and two sharks one about 5' and one about 8'. ( We released the sharks) One of the guy's wife said they cleaned fish for nearly 5 hours. Capt. Chris offered to clean them for them. I got a feeling they might take him up on that offer next time!!!! Good trip guys, Chris and I really enjoyed the trip!!!
5-29-05 Ok, all this bad weather finally passed, for one day at least, and we had a beautiful day, the prettiest day I had seen since back in January. Our crew consisted of John Blakeney, Vander Covington, Ray Johnson, Rich Lee, and Tony Fouch. These guys showed up with their own grouper and bottom fishing tackle. I told Capt. Chris we better know what we are doing today, 'cause if not, these guys will know it. The targeted fish for today was bottom fish. Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so in light of a thousand words, check out the pic's. These guys were a well oiled fishing machine. They knew their stuff. We didn't get a chance to get to any grouper rocks. We were cut a little short on our trip due to unforseen circumstances, but for a trip cut short, we did quite well with 5 limits of black bass, b-liners, trigger fish, white grunts, joltheads, sharks, pinkys. When the fish were divided up 5 ways they had 5 coolers full of fish. Got the day off because of the weather. Supposed to be back at it tomorrow if the weather will improve, keep check!! Get on out there, this is what we waited for all winter and spring. The weather has started giving us a few breaks so hopefully you can work a day or two into your schedule. If you can't you are working entirely to hard!!!! Hope to see you on the water, Till next time, FISH ON!!!!! Capt. Butch and Capt. Chris Foster. YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, Southport,NC www.yeahrightcharters.com (910) 845-2004.
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central