Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mahi, Cobia, Kings-Current Adventure Charters

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

Mahi, Cobia, Kings-Current Adventure Charters

Postby Current Adventure Charter » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Fished with Kirk from Wilmington today. Loaded the two live wells full of small pogies and headed out. The onshore winds this past week made for some fairly big swells in the ocean, but at the same time, the water temps has warmed up five degrees or so.

Since running out to where I wanted to start fishing was not going to be a nice ride, I decided to put the yozuri's in the water and troll out. It didn't take long until the reels were screaming. Snake kings and plenty of them.

The reel fun started when we reached the dredge wreck and started live baiting. First, we hooked up with a couple of small kings. Then, a big cow dolphin ate a pogy right in the prop wash. She put on one heck of an aerial display, but it was her day. She pulled the hooks right at boat. Oh well, quick release and back to fishing. Next we had two cobia's come up in the baits. The smaller of the two ate and the fight was on. This was Kirk's first cobia. After a good hard battle, the fish came boat side with the other still following. After putting the cobia in the boat, the other one continued to follow us around for about an hour, but would not eat anything.

With weather approaching, I decided to head back inshore and try another spot closet to the beach. Not long after putting the baits out, I saw another dolphin all lit up in the baits. She bit and the fight was on again. This time we managed to get this one in the boat. After catching a few more small kings, we packed up and headed for the hill before the rains came.

The ocean was sloppy today, but the fishing was hot, hot, hot!!

I have plenty of good dates still available, let go fishing!!

Capt. Brent Stanley
Current Adventure Charters
Wilmington/Wrightsville Bch, NC
Current Adventure Charter
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central