Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

GOOD FISHING NOW!!!!

Georgia to North Carolina

Moderator: admin

GOOD FISHING NOW!!!!

Postby captainbutch » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:53 am

Saturday 7-16-05: Capt. Chris and I met up with David Gorsline, Bobby Smith, Bobby and Beau Williams,and Rocky Hamby at South Harbour Marina and we headed offshore for a day of fishing. We were met with some pretty rough conditions in the channel, when asked if they were comfortable with the conditions the responce I got let me know that I had some seasoned offshore fishermen on board. Once we broke through and crossed frying pan shoals to the east side the running was good. We were able to push the "YEAH RIGHT" throttles up to a speed of 28 knots and the ride was one that rocks you to sleep on the slow rolling swells. OK, upon inquiring about todays preference of fish I soon learned my work was cut out for me. Today was going to be a variety of fish...... Lets start with a few bottom fish, the tide was about to go slack, and any good bottom fisherman knows that when it goes slack the bottom fish shut off. Stopped on one spot, small fish, next spot, small fish, we repeated this scenerio several more times then "BAM", here they are!!!! Fished for these a little while then as predicted, the tide went slack and the fish shut off. Allright, let's troll until the tide turns. We started picking up some kings, but the action was slow and spotty! Bobby Williams told we "I have always wanted to catch a dolphin, but never have", well Bobby, you can't say that any more!!!!!!!! David Gorsline and Rocky Hamby said "we want something big and pulls hard", ask these guys if Amberjacks fit this description!!! Rocky was wore out to he point he had the shakes after landing his fish, now that's a battle between man and fish!!!! Beau Williams, he had a tough day, between not so pleasant times he landed a few king macjkeral and had a round with an Amberjack until it broke 50 lb. test line like sewing thread. But the fight was on for a little while. Hey guy, that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Next time, we may be the winner, this time the fish won!! Now Bobby Smith, he was quiet, but he didn't have time to talk much, he put fish in the boat steady all day. Between all the Grey Snapper, Vermillion Snapper, Trigger Fish, Sharks, Black Bass, Silver Snapper,king mackeral, sharks, Mahi-Mahi, Amber Jacks, and the fish that broke off, pulled off, short strikes, I don't think anyone had too much trouble going to sleep last night, I know I didn't!!! A great day on the water, Guys like this make my job one of the best jobs in the world, the days start early in the morning and end late at night, But, I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be!!! Thanks to all of you for a great day of fishing!!!!, hope to see you again soon!!!!Check out fish pic's on my site!!! Till next time, FISH ON!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and (till the weather cools off some) Bodie"the fish dog" say's "HI". YEAH RIGHT SPORTFISHING CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
For the finest fishing on the NC coast come fish with Capt. Butch on the "YEAH RIGHT" here in Southport, NC. Just give us a call and start the fishing trip of a lifetime!!! (910) 845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com
captainbutch
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Atlantic Coast - Central