Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fairlee Creek Stripers finally leaving

Virginia to Maine

Moderator: admin

Fairlee Creek Stripers finally leaving

Postby mako15 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:02 am

Well it turned out that my little Mako15 had 14 consecutive trips with Chesapeake Bay legal limits on Stripers for me or me and my fishing friends, both of whom are named Jack. No monsters mind you - the larges was 25 in , but all of the keepers were in the 19-22 inch range and really fat - plus of all the fish that we kept, only 2 were females .I even caught a 22 and 19 inch striper from land (even I'm not totally crazy)on the day we had 35 mph sustained and 50 mph gusts. I had to use a big Hopkins NoEquil lure to get out to where the fish were.
Oddly, even though the fish were actively feeding there was no bird action any of the days I fished.
Finally on friday we broke the string cathing only 17-18 inch shorts - but fun catch and release anyway. We only caught those becuase I moved to a Lee Shore to get out of the 16-30 mph winds !!! As with all the fish they were in onlyh 2-10 ft of water.
What a great run !!! I'll have lots of happy dreams this winter !! Hope eveyone had a good season. :P :P :P
Ray Sanford
Tight Lines! Mako 15
mako15

Return to Atlantic Coast - Northeastern