Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fishing report - DENMARK

Any non-US location not included in other International Forums

Moderator: admin

Fishing report - DENMARK

Postby presterno » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:09 pm

In the early days of fly fishing, did you know that the line was attached to the rod tip, and if you hooked a big fish the only thing to do was drop the rod in the water and let the fish tow around your rod until it was exhausted. Then the rod would be retrieved (assuming the fish had pause to hang around and not decide to swim away), and hopefully the fish landed. Can you imagine doing that today? Picture it, anglers throwing in their fly rods and watching some fish drag the thing through weed and fallen branches.
Good job really. My Fenwick looks as if some fish has done just that. Still, regardless of it’s looks, it still is a perfect extension of my right arm and works a treat.

So, onto a few reports I have been sent from the weeks past. Fishing seems to be picking up a great deal after a little well deserved rain fell on Denmark. Strong wind has also accompanied the wet spell.
Sea temperatures have dropped slightly because of the wind bringing it down to around 17oC in some places. If this continues, there’s a good chance of landing some good sea trout earlier than normal. I have heard on the grapevine that some places are heating up and catches of 1 to 2kg are common all through the day.
The south-eastern shores of Jutland have been good fishing with a nice SW wind aiding casting and blowing out the warmer water. Areas around Stenderup Hage have been very productive due to the rich current and deep water close to shore. Garfish and Cod are taking the fly during the golden hour with sea trout moving in just after dark, right through until dawn.
I took a nice 1,1kg sea trout on a personal fly pattern I have named the “Mocca” the evening of the 20th. I had one other contact but lost what ever it was more or less straight away on feeling the tug.
Some nice sea trout being taken around the island of Barsø near to Genner also some pretty heavy Mullet around the island of Brandsø.
Wedellsborg has been average. The problem basically there is the warmth. When there is a SW wind, the warm water gets pushed right into the bay raising temperatures. Result…No fish. Works the same way for Føns and Gamborg, the latter being a good winter spot.
Odense fjord as always good with Mullet being taken on fly. Sea trout are around but few and far between.
North Fyn has seen plenty of mullet, the largest recently being a 2,9kg – 64.5cm on July 20th on a Red King fly by Carsten Dydkjær.
I would of thought there is more catches but that’s all I have for the coastal areas.
As for the rivers of Jutland…Results are good. Most of the catches have been during the darker hours.
Koldingå has been very good. 90% of the fish have been taken between 01:00 and 06:45 the largest being a nice 8,4kg – 86cm.
Gelså has been good so far this year with average weights of 2,2kg – 50cm.
Kongeåen has been fair with super gin clear and low water. Again most sea trout are around the 2kg mark with the largest reported at 6kg – 82cm by Peter Siedentopp from Jedsted.
Skjernå has been exceptional with some Salmon taken the largest being 6,8kg taken last month. Plenty of sea trout and even rainbow trout.
That’s wraps it up for now. More later.
Presterno Fishing has had a website face lift and most angling package are now available all year. Daily guiding is available right up to Christmas, but river finishes around the last week of October. Sea / fjord guiding regardless of the cold, will be good.

Tight lines all and get some winter flies dressed and ready to dance!
Ripley Davenport
Ripley Davenport
Presterno Fishing
Fly Fishing Guide
www.presterno.com
[email protected]
presterno
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to International - Other