Terms of Use
 Web Development

All they wonted was dolphin

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

Postby captain john » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:45 pm

Aboard the E SEA GOIN I this week I had a charter that all they wonted to do was chatch dolphin even after I told them the dolphin run was over, but they insisted on going after them away. So we went out to reefs were I had a report that there were some dolphin being caught the day before, there was no size to them but they were dolphin. When we got out to reef the water looked great, nice blue and it had some good vis. With in the first two minutes of putting the spread out we had a double hitter of king mackerel then the action started our second fish was a little dolphin to small to keep, you should have seen their face when we though it back 19 inches just wont make it. But as luck would have it we caught two more dolphin but again they were to small to keep, by know the charter was getting upset but then we caught a 22inch dolphin that made them a little happier. By the end of the day we had 20 head of 21 to 28 inch dolphins and our limit of king mackerel along with a sailfish.

The head boats have been reporting the bottoming fishing has started to pick back up little with the water starting to warm up. They are getting some small snapper and a few cobias along with some stringer fish.

Out in the deep blue there are some nice Wahoo and small dolphin along with a few sailfish.

Hope to sea ya out on the water
captain John
captain john
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Florida - East Coast