Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Fishing THe Lagoon

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

Fishing THe Lagoon

Postby captainneal » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:05 pm

8) The last few weeks of fishing have been up and down as much as the wind has been blowing. One day you tear the trout up and the biggest of them would only be 17 inches. The next trip out you might catch all trout over 20 inches. We still are using pinfish and grunts and starting to use live mullet for bait.

The reds have been doing about like the trout. There are some under sized reds 15-16 inches and some big bull reds. One Wednesday my 2 client party landed two keeper reds, one 26 inches and one 24 inches. They had some nice hook ups but did not get to land them. They did land seven nice trout, 18-20 inches.

On Thursday the wind was blowing harder, around 15-20 east northeast.That morning when I got started I thought it was going to be a tough day. But I was wrong. It was a great day of fishing. My clients caught 14 redfish. None of them were over sized, but they were in the range of 16-26 inches. Besides the reds they landed two trout. One was 26 inches and the other was 24 inches. With a catch of 15-19 fish it was a great day.

I took Katie and Adam from Orlando out Friday. Katie surprised Adam with the trip for his birthday. It was a great day for Adam. He landed three nice reds and lost one by the boat. He also caught four keeper trout. Katie never landed a redfish but she did catch three nice trout. She was okay with that. She kept saying it was Adam's birthday and she didn't want to catch more fish than he did.

Wednesday was a cold morning and Marvin and Gail had a hard day. Between the wind, the cold and the water dropping the fish were extremely hard to find. They caught two reds and 2 trout. One of the trout was a five pound gator. That helped make their day. I wish I could have put them on more fish, but they were happy with their day and they were a lot of fun to take out.

Some days are harder than other days. the wind, the water temperature, the tide, so many things can change the amount of fish you catch. And some people think if you don't catch a lot of fish the day is too hard. But I'm predjuice. I think every day I can spend on the water, whether it's hot or cold, calm or windy is a great day.

Take someone out on the water and if you don't catch anything, remember the time you have with that person. It's still a great day!

Captain Neal Goodrich
www.fishingfrenzy.org
386-690-0473
fishing the mosquito lagoon for redfish trout and snook
captainneal
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - East Coast