Terms of Use
 Web Development

windy and big seas offshore daytona

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

windy and big seas offshore daytona

Postby captain john » Sun May 20, 2007 1:19 pm

May has been full of wind and big seas

May has been windy almost the whole month with only a couple of day that where calm enough to get out. That makes it hard when you are trying to make any money I canceled more trips then I have ran, but the fish are out there just waiting to be caught.

We did get out on a 10 hour aboard the E SEA GOIN the sea were running around 4 to 5 feet mostly in a swell but it was a little choppy in the morning bye afternoon it was nice.
The water was kingfish green and dirty all the way out to 300 feet; we stayed in the dirty water in 110 feet of water to fish some structure. That turned out to be the right choice the boats that went out to the deep found only a few fish one boat had 5 dolphin and the other boat had 6 dolphin a couple of other boats came back in to do some bottom fishing.
We had some very nice fish which included a 50 pound king fish and a 45 pound African pompano and a limit of amber jacks and a limit of king fish along with some big jack carvel. We did get a couple of nice dolphin and had a Wahoo bit and jumped off a sailfish.

The wind should calm down this next week I hope.

Hope SEA YA on the water soon
captain John
captain john
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Florida - East Coast