Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Report

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

Mosquito Lagoon Fishing Report

Postby Tail-Chaser-J16 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Let me start by saying this is my first post, I have been a long time reader and just figured I would throw my input in finally.

The last two weeks in the lagoon have been the best I have seen in the last 6 months if not longer. With the mid 50-60 temperatures in the mornings, the reds have been feeding really hard almost every morning I have gone (usually fri, sat, sun, mon) in the last 2-3 weeks.

* Make sure to keep your vessel in waters you know, as the water is VERY low, atleast 1.5 feet *

Look for waters in the 8"-15" early off, and you should be able to spot the schools easily. Reds have been tailing heavily in the north end of the lagoon, bissett bay, hong kong, clinkers, & tiger shoals are just some of the areas that we have been fishing and we have been just killing them. Over 30 reds in the boat each day Saturday the 3rd & Sunday the 4th. numerous schools of 200+ fish all over the north end of the lagoon..

Live shrimp or crabs are the best right now, but white / new penny gulps are doing great also. Top water plugs like the yo-zuri or mirror lure have been working ok but not as well warmer times of the year. Then theres also the good ol gold spoon or the d.o.a. skrimps or the cals in numerous colors that usually kill em as long as you get your cast JUST right!

Im not too sure how this weekend will turn out with the full moon, & these fronts pushing though. I guess we'll just wait and see, but it'll probably be trout fishin all weekend.

I hope this helps someone or everyone! Ill post again in the next week or so. And please any comments or suggestions please dont hesitate to post them or message me.

Thanks, Tail-Chaser
Wish I could fish everyday!
Tail-Chaser-J16

Return to Florida - East Coast