Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

hello new to forum

St. Marys River to Jupiter Inlet

Moderator: admin

hello new to forum

Postby ratherbfishing » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:34 pm

:D hi guys new to forum i am from Essex in England and would like to get some advice on beach fishing in florida in particular the melbourne area as i am looking into relocating to florida if possible in the not to distant future it would seem that most of the fishing is done with lures around the shore over there but the water is never clear enough on my local patch so lures dont really work for us so ost of our fishing is done with bait on the bottom our largest species from the shore are cod, bass ,smoothhound ,conger eel ,tope( in some places)and rays the methods used are mostly ledgering with 5-6 onces of lead and worm,suid or crab baits we have developed a style of casting called pendulum casting which we use to get baits out as far as possible some of our best casters are fishing at almost 200yds from the shore using this style of cast i can cast a plain lead over 200 yds which will be less with bait some where around 120-160yds depending on wind conditions and bait size i just wondered if any of you guys use long distance casting from your beaches and if so what sort of fish you would expect to catch using this method. fishing and casting is a huge passion of mine and i would love to carry on fishing and use these distance casting techniques to catch fish from your beaches and rivers etc should i be lucky enough to be accepted into the country any advice you can offer me would be great thanks regards paul :D
wishing i was american!
ratherbfishing

Postby ratherbfishing » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:33 pm

:( none of you guys into surfcasting then? no advice at all? is melbourne a bad choice? is the gulf coast better? need your help guys dont know where is best i have been assured you guys like us brits so come on guys were would you live if fishing was your priority? east, west gulf or atlantic? you guys know best so please help cheers paul
wishing i was american!
ratherbfishing

Postby topangler » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:05 am

Melbourne is a great place to fish the shoreline. Unfortunately, I’m not really from that area. I’ve only fished it on a few occasions – enough to know the area is very good for surf casting. You can expect to catch pompano, snook, shark, just to name a few. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of the area will post a reply soon.
"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."
--- General George S. Patton
topangler
Old Salt
Old Salt

Postby ratherbfishing » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:30 pm

:D cheers topangler thanks for that i was begining to lose faith for a while then!! sounds excellent looks like melbourne is not such a bad choice after all!! all i have to do is get out there now wont be for a while but im determined to become an englishman in florida lol :D just got to get the property sold over here and get through the immigration red tape really hope i can make it happen need a life change for me and the family and to catch some fish!! lol :D cheers paul
wishing i was american!
ratherbfishing

Return to Florida - East Coast