Home

Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Milwaukee Fish Report Smart Fishing Efficiency!

Fishing in and around the Great Lakes region including all tributaries and adjoining states.

Moderator: admin

Postby Jim Blue Max Charters » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:58 am

By Capt. Jim Hirt
Fishing report for Lake Michigan Milwaukee, Wisconsin 8/10/2006. Fishing is still excellent the east wind continues to move the warm water into Milwaukee and the cold water moves out. For most of the day this is has brought the cold water fish down to below 70 feet in 100 to 200 feet of water. The Chinooks are between 12 and 20 pounds. Coho are running up to 8 pounds. We have had good numbers on Rainbows 8-14 pounds look for them in the top 40 feet as they like the warm water in depths over 100 feet. Action has been steady and predictable. At first light look for the big Chinooks, Coho and Brown Trout in the top 40 feet in closer to shore. I think this will dry up as this area becomes too warm. All presentations are working. Try Slide Divers set to #2 with 65 feet of Power Pro line out or conventional mono divers with 80 to 100 feet of line out. Most magnum spoons in silver/green, silver/blue or Glow in the dark are working. I like the Reapers or Vulcan magnums. Downriggers are also good with spoons or rotators and blue or green flies. Run half cores of lead early with spoons. Later in the morning about 730 am follow the fish down and out to deeper water. I set up in 45 feet at first light and when action slows down I move to over 100 feet for Rainbows up top and Salmon at the temp break to 50 degrees. Temperature is the key. Find the break and work above and below it. Then work north and south in that depth. If it's clear and calm, you may have to run long leads of 50-100 feet on the Slide Divers and downriggers. Watch your speed! Kick up your speed to 2.4 to 2.7 for Rainbows and between 1.8 and 2.4 for Kings. The warm water Kings like a slower speed. Fish on!!
Smart Fishing! Efficiency leads to success. This is true in all endeavors and fishing is no exception. I know when I was a rookie and even today I thought it would be great to charter or hire a guide in all parts of the world to see how they go about rigging tackle and setting up their boat. I know we all fish a little or a lot different from each other. Where the majority of the mechanics are probably the same, small differences in the way we go about fishing will make or break the day. Please allow me to tell you about some of the items I use on my boat that helps produce fish. As some of this article may sound like an infomercial, it will perhaps lend to some changes in your method of operation. I am constantly evolving year to year and in some cases day to day. A new tool I added this season that is helping keep fish on the line and is quicker to use is the rod holders and track system sold by Bert's Custom Tackle. Fishing just got easier with their adjustable Rod Holder with a Ratchet Gear System. Adjust the rod holder to the angle that you want. You have 5 positions or from vertical to horizontal to choose from. When you get a fish on the line you can easily pull the rod holder straight up with the Ratchet Gear System. It’s easy to remove your rod and maintain pressure on the line in one motion! Their track system allows me to add as many rod holders, cup holders and a variety of other options.
Most everyone fishes salmon out of Milwaukee with downriggers. The way you attach the line to it has everything to do with how many fish you will put in the boat. I have tried most of the different styles of releases. I like the Blacks release with the clip to attach the weight as one unit. The Blacks releases are completely adjustable to set the hook when the fish bites and never tangle or wear the line. The alligator style clips and rubber bands never seem to work for me. Look for ways on your boat to use the time on the water more efficiently. Gota go another fish screamin line! Jim charters out of Milwaukee, WI. with Blue Max Charters. He can be reached at 414-828-1094 or visit his web site at http://www.bluemaxcharters.com Copyright© 2006, James J. Hirt, All Rights Reserved
[url=http://www.bluemaxcharters.com]Captain Jim Hirt
Image[/url]
Jim Blue Max Charters
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Great Lakes Regoin