Fly Fishing
 Guides & Charters
 Photo Gallery
 Reef Locator

About Us
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Wisconsin River fishing report

Fishing in and around the Great Lakes region including all tributaries and adjoining states.

Moderator: admin

Wisconsin River fishing report

Postby JDeBoer » Tue May 22, 2007 9:28 pm

As submitted by one of our guides:

"I just finished 3 days on the water with 2 of my favorite guests, Jim Pierce and Gary Brady. These guys join me each year for some serious smallie fun and fishing - 2007 was no exception!

Saturday was a great day as we had action from plenty of smallies with a few walleyes thrown in. We could have probably caught even more smallies had we been able to keep the muskies off our lines! We hooked up with 4 muskies (36", 38", 41", 47+"); the largest was a very healthy and heavy specimen that crushed a walleye boatside and proceeded to not let go for over 7 minutes! After letting go, she spun around and came back after the walleye AGAIN until Gary quickly pulled it out of the water. It could be a very interesting opening musky weekend coming up!...

Sunday and Monday continued to produce numbers of smallmouth bass including a real hawg pushing the 21" mark. The Wisconsin River system again showed what a fish factory it continues to be. What a great couple of days fishing - I'm already looking forward to 2008, thanks guys!

Joe Szarkowitz"
Wisconsin Angling Adventures Guide Service
"Fishing's our business, and business is good!"
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Great Lakes Regoin