Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Pro Female Angler Designs and Launches Own Big Game Lures

Post and discuss general fishing news and press releases from fishing related companies and organizations.

Moderator: admin

Pro Female Angler Designs and Launches Own Big Game Lures

Postby BILLFISHGIRL » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:33 pm

Jennifer Cornella
561-575-3288 (office)
[email protected]

WORLD BILLFISH SERIES TOP PROFESSIONAL FEMALE ANGLER DESIGNS AND LAUNCHES OWN LINE OF FISHING LURES

The lifelong dream of New Orleans native, Kerri Burrus, and business expertise of partner Monique Comfort result in exciting business venture

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL (October 4, 2005) – New Orleans native and three time World Billfish Series Champion, Kerri Burrus, will release a line of fishing lures, called “Billfishgirl Big Game Lures” in October. The revolutionary line, the brainchild of Kerri and her business partner Monique Comfort, is custom-made to entice any marlin on the prowl.

The lures, which are the next generation for the billfish enthusiast, were developed from more than thirty years of experience in a variety of fishing, from marlin to sailfish. With strong quality materials and an imaginative design, Billfishgirl Big Game Lures will surpass any of today’s competitors.

“Designing my own lures is something I have wanted to do since I was a kid. As I would sit on the boat with my mother and my father at wheel, I would dream up fun ideas as a way to pass the time when the fish weren’t biting” said Kerri. “Being on the water for such long hours gave me plenty of time to develop my ideas. It’s exciting to see them become a reality.”

“Our lures truly reflect the combination of fishing expertise and a passion for the sport. We’re really excited for enthusiasts like us to see that this combination works,” said Monique Comfort.

Billfishgirl Big Game Lures will be introduced with the release of two products: a big game teaser, titled “Papa Lee” named after Kerri’s former father-in-law who was working on launching his own line of lures before his death, and a small marlin lure, titled “LiL Brat.” These are the first two in a series which Kerri expects to make additions to in the next few months. The Lures will start in basic color, and eventually customers can request color and logos to fit their own distinctive personality.

Billfishgirl Big Game Lures will be on sale the weekend of October 27th at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show at Booth #5259. You can also purchase the lures by visiting www.big-game-lures.com. The lures will soon become available in Florida retail outlets this fall, including: “Finest Kind” in Stuart, FL; “Grand Slam” in North Palm Beach and Jupiter, FL; “Willies Trolling Baits” and “Fisherman’s Center” in North Palm Beach, FL.

Kerri also plans to introduce a variety of clothing and accessories with humorous anecdotes, reflecting her creativity and quick wit. These items will also be introduced at the Fort Lauderdale Boat show featuring three styles of t-shirts, hats, visors and bra tops for women, and will be available online as well.

Kerri began big game fishing at an early age in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, at the New Orleans Big Game Fishing Club. It is there that she initially competed in tournaments and eventually placed in the top three spots in numerous other tournaments throughout the world. She has spent her entire life fishing at this club, which was recently devastated by the path of hurricane Katrina. Having been raised in New Orleans, she has experienced the loss of what is left of the beautiful city she calls home.

Kerri has been a regular on ESPN2’s Billfishing Xtreme Release League (BXRL) tournament series and same-named TV show, as well as a featured angler on Capt. Norm Isaacs’ TV show Big Game Fishing the World. Kerri is an IGFA representative of Florida and Louisiana and a member of The Billfish Foundation.

The New Orleans native holds numerous billfishing titles and has several tournament wins, including being named the World Billfish Series (WBS) top lady angler for three straight years. In addition to becoming a TV personality, Burrus has a swimsuit calendar, and legions of fans that e-mail her regularly for fishing advice, thank you’s, and just to say hi. Visit www.billfishgirl.com for more information.
BILLFISHGIRL

Return to News & Press Releases