Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

American Trucks and the Outdoors

Post and discuss general fishing news and press releases from fishing related companies and organizations.

Moderator: admin

Postby RudyGomez » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 pm

This whole debacle with the American car companies has been pretty hard to stomach if you live in the Midwest like I do. Today marks a very sad day for Detroit and our region. One of the most philanthropic companies in the world will move into bankruptcy, a thought that is still surreal.

As the bankruptcy filing moves through its course, there will be hard losses for many to endure in this process. It will no doubt sting badly for many aspects of the industry. There will be more job losses. Dealerships will close and dealers will lose their life’s hard work. Other businesses will not be able to weather the storm, most likely closing their doors. But when it’s all said and done, I expect General Motors to come out as a stronger company, one that will finally be a healthier and more flexible business.

Even through all of this craziness, Chevy in particular, has remained a strong brand and one that is selling well. I believe that one of the main reasons why Chevy is such a strong and healthy brand is thanks to the community of outdoor enthusiasts in America.

There is something very American about trucks and the outdoors. Whether it is a brand new Silverado or a used Suburban with 250,000 miles on it, America’s trucks have remained the very symbol of American pride and American quality.

The days of foreign advantage are over. The days of a large quality gap are over, as American producers are turning around America’s best cars and trucks.

This is what America has become for the time being. We must all keep our heads up and stay loyal. We should all feel compassion for those in pain and do so as Americans. As a concerned American sportsman, it is my plan to go out and buy American. I believe in supporting those who support us and I will stay loyal to those who support my passion for the outdoors.

Sincerely,
A concerned sportsman
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?
How about cuttin’ some bait?

Return to News & Press Releases