Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

snook fishing

Discussions pertaining to tackle and equipment including: features, proper use, maintenance, etc.

Moderator: admin

snook fishing

Postby askipper3 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:50 pm

i caught a 27 in. snook far back in a local river- pretty much freshwater- but brackish. is it normal for these fish to be in these area's- also i olny saw one in the area, is this normal? Along with 6 bass and 2 mudfish(HUGE)!
I am 15 and I have a 17 foot sea fox CC. I am a avid fisherman, and I cannot get enough of it!
But i still have much to learn, I'll take all the pointers I can get, but belive me, I can teach some of the most avid fisherman, a thing or too. :-) I specialize in grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, spanish mackerel, kings, etc. Hit me up if u wanna go fishin!
askipper3
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby Phnd » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:47 pm

They don't like cold water so they'll move into the back waters during the winter months.
Phnd

snook

Postby Capt.Lee » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:16 pm

I have caught snook up the peace river to fort mead but back in the 50-60 we caught snook and tarpon in saddle creek in lakeland this creek is part of the head waters of the peace river the mines stopped that good fishing with pollution. If you want to really tear up sweet water snook get some golden shiners and slow troll them close to structure they will live in brackish water most shiner's that you buy are treated with a little salt to tough em up some I usually troll shiner's with a pinch shot at the front of my leader to help keep them down some upper Hillsbouro river below the spill way is good as is the lil and big manatee let me know if you try this OK
I like to fish,talk fishing,teach fishing, and learn more of fishing.I Guide shallow water and back country for Snook,Redfish,Troutand Tarpon mainly ,but do go after other species at times, I also fish Blue water for Grouper, kings, and others. I even do some sweet water fishing If you would like to book me let me know or if you just want to talk fishing let me know
Capt.Lee

Return to Tackle & Equipment