Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Sunday Trip

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Sunday Trip

Postby RudyGomez » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm

Ventured for the first time since the storm. Found pilchards in the North Bay and then headed to the Bent Range marker for some threadfins. Threads were tough, but we managed a few dozen. Also caught a couple macs at the range. Stopped at another bait spot on the way to the edge and netted a couple dozen hoos.

Off Key Biscayne we found a nice color change in 250' and were in a school of peanuts almost immediately. After a few minutes we had kept 3 and released even more. Went a little further south in search of some of the reported kingfish and sail action, but it didn't materialize. Went back to the artificial reef area off Key Biscayne were we setup a few drifts. Released one sail in the 50-60 # range that put on a great show on 12 lb. test. My son, Rudy Jr. also caught this really nice 20 lb. grouper (pictured) on a 'butterfly' jig. Also released a pair of sharks. On the way home, we stopped at another wreck off the Twin Towers and Rudy Jr. (AKA GafferofDeath) pulled in 12 lb. red grouper – also on the butterfly jig outfit.

Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?

saturdays

Postby tidothegreat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:02 pm

I went out on Saturday, the threads where thick right of budlight but we didn't manage to run into many pilchards. There was an edge around 310 it was slow. WE didn't GET A HIT FOR MORE THEN AN HOUR AND A HALF. The current was pretty good but the water was just very murky. We managed to catch a sail around 5:15 right before we went in and about a 7 pound dolphin. Where going to go out this weekend see if this front brings somemore sails.
tidothegreat
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby RudyGomez » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:54 am

Also plan to head out this weekend... Perhaps we'll see you out there...
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby tidothegreat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:39 am

I just fisnihed from going out from from a pretty nice day. BAit was tough but we managed to get a few dozen threads. We went out 3-5 on saild and a few cut offs. The edge was around 300 ft right off monument, it was the cleanist edge i have seen this year. How did you make out??

Ps. MY buddy told me he caught 4 sails in 100 feet of water in green green water on monday.
tidothegreat
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby RudyGomez » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:33 am

Nice catch! Way to go!

I didn't make it out - I had to work this weekend.

And yes, I've talked to several folks who've been catching the sails in that 'pea soup' looking water. I just can't bring myself to fish in it...
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez

Postby tidothegreat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:54 pm

! will probably go out this weekend again, get my crew to practice for the season. Are you by any chance fishing the Kickoff, I have never fished this tournament partly becuase its only been around for 2 years now but have you heard of any comments. I already got the days of for this tounraemnet and probably end of fishing it.
tidothegreat
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby GhostRider » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:30 am

Hey wait a minute?!?!......is that not George Michael in that picture ;)
Daniel Uribe
GhostRider
First Mate
First Mate

Return to Florida - Southeast