Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

11/26 Swordfishing Report

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

11/26 Swordfishing Report

Postby GhostRider » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:36 pm

Hello to all Plans were made to go Swordfishing Saturday night. NOAA called for 2-4; however, it was a steady 4-5 all night. With a few crew members that were invited not being able to go; the final crew consisted of Adam(Tiara4300), Joe(Chummin " "), Scott (Moppyman) and myself. We headed out of Key Biscayne with a quick stop at the bait can. There Joe picked up 4 Blue Runners in short order. We headed out to the grounds. Joe set the spread out very fast and soon the game began....the waiting game. Comfortably seated on the Tiara, we began bs-ing, watching the nice humps we were hovering over, and began eating the healthy food Adam brought as 'dinner' :P . (Carrots, Roast-Beef, Smoked Turkey, Chicken curry, and whole wheat bread) I miss the Pizza dude!!.Ill get it next time.

A few minutes later we heard the drag, Adam comes tight on the fish but it is instantly off. With no hook on the end of the leader, Shark Bite.
We continue a great drift; not half an hour later another fish hits the tip rod.

Scott is strapped in and drags a legal fish to the boat.
With a bit of help, this legal fish swims off.
Congrats Scott on a nice Swordfish Release :thumbup:

We continue on the same drift and reset the tip line back out there. Waiting, more bs-ing and then a click click click on the far blue runner. Joe reels like a mad man and is tight on the fish for a few seconds, then fish off. Bummer; that was a big runner.

We leave that rod in the boat. Now we have just 5 lines out. About 30 minutes later we have the fish pull drag from the tip rod once again! Fish off...Joe reels the squid up to the surface in hope the fish would follow it up. Sure enough , there is a feisty swordfish darting around in the Purple Swordlight by RumbleFish. With the fish showing little interest in the squid on the surface, the crew was interested to see how it would react to a live runner thrown in its face .
Scott hooks a smaller blue runner on a leader w/ no light. I grab the Tiagra, put the clicker on and put it in free spool. Scott flips the runner right next to the Swordfish. The Swordy quickly turns and begins circling the bait. I let out the Runner to the edge of the light, wait ten seconds, then the swordfish eats. The Tiagra began to SCREAM! God I love the sound of that clicker!!
I am now strapped into this swordfish. What a great experience it was to feed this Swordy!
After a bit of taunting from the crew. I haul this foul hooked swordfish to the boat. Adam and Joe grab the fish and bring him on board.
After this fish is boated, it is about 10:30 pm. We prepare the fish for the boat ride home.
We are well on our way back to home port when Adam asks..."Whats that Smell". Well THIS was the smell...
Sword Poop! :P Watch out; there's a new pooper on board ;) Boy did it stink! Digested squid... just imagine :crook: !

Well; we all know what happens when the fish hits the dock, don't we?! :biglaugh:

1 Drift, 2/4 on Swordfish , 0/1 on Sharks. A great night on the Darkside! Scott, it was great meeting you! Adam, Joe, Scott; thanks for a great night. See you guys this week!
:toast:
Daniel Uribe
GhostRider
First Mate
First Mate

Postby RudyGomez » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:26 am

Nice job GhostRider :D
Rudy Gomez
CyberAngler Webmaster
RudyGomez
How about cuttin’ some bait?
How about cuttin’ some bait?