Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Miami Back Country Peacock Bass Report

The Palm Beaches to Key Largo

Moderator: admin

Miami Back Country Peacock Bass Report

Postby COBRA169 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 am

Hey everyone here's our Miami Back Country report for this week. I had the opportunity to take out a couple of Peacock Bass charters this week, with some real cool people. The first was a great guy from Seattle Wa. who was staying in the Keys on vacation, but wanted to do some Peacock bass fish'n before enjoying the rest of his vacation in sunny S. Florida

We started off early in the morning in hopes of jumping a few of the numerous Tarpon we have in our systems....they weren't in the playful mood. So we went off into the canal systems on a Peacock bass search and destroy mission. My new friend Len was not disappointed, with numerous Peacock bass coming aboard to shake hands with Mr.Lelevich. Another happy customer goes home with good memories of what the Miami Back Country has to offer.

On my second charter I met Jerry, and Charlie. A father and son duo from the great state of Texas. Seems the the Charlie(son) had a Bucket list, and Miami Peacock Bass was high on that list. After a coupe of quick chats on the phone I informed him that we were gonna fill that Bucket with Peacocks..lol.

Anyways we met up on Tuesday morning for a half day of fishing. Almost immediately we were on fish, with a nice Snook and about a 5lb Lg,mouth bass to start. Then came the rain...which completely turned the bite off. So we decided to do it again on Friday using the bigger boat for a little more room...They grow'm big in Texas..lol

This time we met at the ramp in the early afternoon, to hit the Peacocks at their prime feeding hours. You gotta love this kind of fishing late starts and, hot bites. So we headed straight into the Miami Back Country for some hot Peacock bass action. On FIRE is all I can say!! Almost every spot we hit had multiple hook ups and, many doubles landed. Charlie and Jerry can definitely scratch Peacock Bass off their list now. Oh...wait did I forget to mention that they completed a rare Miami Urban Slam too..? Well they did on their second trip....With a couple of species of Snook (Common, and Fat), Lg. mouth Bass. a big "freshie" Jack Crevalle joining the fun, and of course Peacock Bass. With a few other species of chiclids also caught. Anyways I was very fortunate to bear witness to such a great couple of days of fishing, and hope to do it again soon. We took a few pictures off the trips for memories and to share with yous. Thank you for reading our reports and I look forward to the next.

Mr.Lelevich

Charlie and Jerry
Charlie's 1st Peacock bass

One Snook in the boat and a mystery on the line...

SURPRISE!!!!

Capt. Tony Fowler
(305) 775-1136
http://www.miamibackcountrycharters.com/
COBRA169
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to Florida - Southeast