Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Turks and Caicos Fishing

Includes: The Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela and any other exotic fishing locations in the Islands, Central and South America.

Turks and Caicos Fishing

Postby geoff19789 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:04 pm

Blue marlin and tuna fishing are now at their finest here in Turks and Caicos. The majority of fish are still in that 200 – 400 lb range but several larger fish have been caught. Yellow-fin tuna in the 40-80lb pound range have been eating our marlin lures as of late and make a nice break in the action as well as a tasty meal at the end of the day. The same fishing methods as years past are still paying off, trolling 10-12 inch Pakulas (purple/black, and pink/black) rigged with a single 11/0 Mustad 7721 hook.

After four years we have said goodbye to Darren Doonan who recently got married and is expecting his first child. We want to thank and congratulate him. We have said hello Tindal Handegan our new captain from South Carolina. He was handpicked by Darren and has twelve years of fishing experience. We expect that everyone will find him as professional as I do. Geoff Adams [email protected]
geoff19789
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby leahn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Wow, that's pretty good. I do love blue marlins, but I don't like the tuna...lolz..

I just would like to post, some facts about this fish.. :)

"Description: color cobalt blue on top shading to silvery white on bottom; upper jaw elongated in form of spear; dorsal fin pointed at front end; pectoral fin and anal fin pointed; lateral line reticulated (interwoven like a net), difficult to see in large specimens; no dark spots on dorsal fin; body covered with embedded scales ending in one or two sharp points.

Similar Fish: white marlin, Tetrapterus albidus (white has rounded tip of pectoral and anal fins, and spots on the dorsal fin).

Where found: OFFSHORE, a blue water fish.

Size: largest of the Atlantic marlins, common to 11 feet, known to exceed 2,000 pounds.

*Florida Record: 980 lbs., 8 ozs.

Remarks: all of trophy size are females; males do not exceed 300 pounds; make trans-Atlantic migrations; spawning procedures unknown; feeds on squid and pelagic fishes, including blackfin tuna and frigate mackerel.

Family Istiophoridae, BILLFISHES
Makaira nigricans
leahn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to International - Tropical - NEW!