Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Panama Big Game Sport Fishing Report April 2007

Includes: The Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela and any other exotic fishing locations in the Islands, Central and South America.

Panama Big Game Sport Fishing Report April 2007

Postby panamabiggame » Fri May 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Image We had very good inshore fishing all month, rooster fish, cubera snapper, mullet snapper, amber jack, broom tail grouper, blue jack, wahoo. The off shore was a little slow the first of the month but yellow fin tuna and marlin came on strong. Allot of yellow fin tuna over 200 lb. with 5 yellow fin between 125lb. and 250lb. caught on surface poppers with spinning tackle. Black Marlin-1 at 800lb. and Blue Marlin- with 4 in one day- came on strong the last half of the month. We have blue marlin, black marlin and yellow fin tuna over 200lb. - caught on spinning tackle including the strike-on film. Trevor Gowdy was filming here the last week-targeting large yellow fin on spinning tackle and marlin - and also had a pretty good day fishing the river just a short distance from our Resort with the highlight a 45 lb. Corvina. As usual April was one of the best fishing months - start of wahoo, strong Black and Blue Marlin with yellow fin tuna being the highlight - always the best month for yellow fin over 200lb. Captain Lee Campbell

Image Lee:
I want to thank both you and your staff for a wonderful fishing trip. You operate a first class lodge. Everything was great from the time I stepped off the plane in Panama City and met by your representative, to the time I stepped back on the plane at the end of the week. The food was excellent, even though there was too much to eat. The open bar was a pleasant treat. It was all the little details that you and your staff pay attention too that made the trip so enjoyable. I would also like to compliment you on your selective harvest program that you encourage to your guests as well as your staff. I've always been in favor of keeping a couple of fish to bring home to eat, and releasing the rest so that they can be caught again in the future either by me or a guest. Enclosed are some pictures of only some of the fish I caught. I look forward to coming down and fishing again next year. I hope that my brother will be able to join me.
Thanks again, Larry Little

Just a note to Lee and the boys. We had a great time, you treated us like royalty and the whole experience was one I'll never forget. From pickup in Panama to delivery back to the airport, your entire operation was first rate and I will tell all that I know about you. I'll stay in touch. All the best, Capt. Tom Mechlin, w/ John and Susan Harvey

Thanks so much for the kind hospitality and the great fishing! An experience I will never forget. All the best, Evan

http://www.panama-sport-fishing.com/
Panama Big Game Sport Fishing Charters
Isla Boca Brava, David, Republic of Panama
http://www.panama-sportfishing.com/
http://panama-sportfishing.blogspot.com/
Panama cell: 011-507-6674-4824
panamabiggame
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to International - Tropical - NEW!