Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Panama Fishing Report Jan. 2008 - Best Marlin Fishing Ever

Includes: The Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Venezuela and any other exotic fishing locations in the Islands, Central and South America.

Panama Fishing Report Jan. 2008 - Best Marlin Fishing Ever

Postby panamabiggame » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 pm

ImageMarlin fishing this month has been the best anyone has seen. Through Jan. 27th, with still 4 fishing days left -we fished 8 groups and have caught 30 marlin so far. Also a lot of large dolphin, mullet snapper, cubera snapper, sailfish and have caught 17 tuna over 100 lb. with the biggest at 240lb. We also had a lot of sharks here for two weeks. I am waiting to get a photo back from Trevor Gowdy - he was filming here and caught a 12 footer around 600lb. Most were around 150lb - captains called them Needle sharks - look a lot like a Mako but are brown - not blue. So am interested to get them identified. Never have caught them here before and last 5 days have not caught another one. Also had a big blow the first week - could not fish for two days but it laid right down after that. Captain Lee Campbell
ImageLee, Good to hear that all the guys have had some luck. With out question the three days that Jason and I had there were as good as I could have imagined. Good luck for the rest of the season...We had a great trip and if we come back to Panama it will be to the Big Game Club. Best wishes, Jack and Jason Cooper
ImageLee,
It was truly a great experience to fish with you and your crews, I look forward to a return trip. I take the XXL in a T shirt and will wear it with pride knowing that I have fished with one of the great Panamanian big game fishing camps, so thank you again for a great experience. Very Truly Yours, Steven R. Rothenberger
ImageCapt. Lee, Here are a few pictures from our trip. It's too bad the color of Kirk's dorado isn't brighter. Or, it's too bad my brightly colored dorado isn't larger! Thanks again for a wonderful time. We really enjoyed the fishing, food, accommodations and crew. As you can see by the fourth picture, we even had fun when it was too windy to fish. How did the other two groups come out for their fishing totals? We had a great time in Panama City. We toured the canal, went to El Valle, visited with the Emberra Indians and enjoyed the sights around our hotel. Thanks, Peggy and Kirk
Image Image Image Image
Lee, We had the best time ever. The marlin fishing was the best we have ever had. 7 out of 11 in 4 days fishing is unreal especially considering their size . I sent a couple of pictures but I'm not too good with the camera and most of my fishing shoots are of splashes or tails . Everyone here is jealous and wants to come with us when we come back. Again thanks for a great trip and we will fish with you again. Doug Roscoe

Greg and I had a ball. we were impressed with the operation and especially the fishing. Looking forward to the next time. John Rashleigh

We really enjoyed our stay at PBGC. The food and accommodations were great, and the fishing was phenomenal! George Whitaker
Image Image Image Image

****Starting in March 2008 TACA Airlines is offering Direct Flights to the city of David, Panama from the following U.S. cities: Los Angeles - San Francisco - New York - Miami - Washington DC. This flight allows all clients to make immediate connections in San Jose to North America (100% customs and immigration is handled in David, San Jose will be only a stop over and change of gate, the luggage will be checked through to the final destination .. for example New York - David) For more information contact TACA at: http://www.taca.com To See The Proposed Schedule Click Here

Save up to $1,023 per person on Off Season Specials Click Here for more information
Panama Big Game Sport Fishing Charters
Isla Boca Brava, David, Republic of Panama
http://www.panama-sportfishing.com/
http://panama-sportfishing.blogspot.com/
Panama cell: 011-507-6674-4824
panamabiggame
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Return to International - Tropical - NEW!