Administration:
 About Us
 Advertising
 Contact
 Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

The Wall

Key Largo to Key West - including Florida Bay, the Marquesas and the Dry Tortugas.

Moderator: admin

The Wall

Postby robalo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:39 pm

It is time to go to Woods Wall. Lovely Rita got things woke up in the Florida Straights. It`s time.
"keep your head high and your pole straight in front of you." Captain John Brown, Marathon FL.1971
robalo
Swabbie
Swabbie

Postby GhostRider » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:28 am

Whats going on in the wall? Whatchu catching? :?:
Daniel Uribe
GhostRider
First Mate
First Mate

TheWall

Postby robalo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Ican`t fish the Wall living in NE Oregon.I grew up in FL though and it would be a good time to find out what is feeding along the wall. Hurricanes can disrupt fish populations and The Marlin should be starting to arrive at Woods Wall....hungry. Everything else might be there too.I guess because it is a 20 mile run to get there, most boats probably defer and fish inshore unless they are looking for Blues. On calm winter nights boats are catching Swords there. There have been reports of hookups during these Swordfish trips with very large and very fast fish that couldn`t be handled with 80# gear. One Skipper thinks they may be giant Bluefin Tuna citing that they are way too fast to be large sharks.Personally,I believe that may be correct. These Tuna may very well be migrating through the straits to spawning grounds in the Gulf of Mexico. If you go let me know. I know you are living the dream from reading your posts. If you have enough boat under your deck shoes the Wall has something to offer a fisherman such as yourself. I just think it is time to go to the Wall and find it. I know the weather is getting bad and all that but; that is exactly what The Wall needs to get red hot.
"keep your head high and your pole straight in front of you." Captain John Brown, Marathon FL.1971
robalo
Swabbie
Swabbie

Return to Florida - The Keys & Florida Bay