Web Development

Boca Grande Fishing

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Boca Grande Fishing

Postby captpete » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:48 am

Boca Grande, Fl
12/18/03

Boca Grande fishing has been the only bright spot in a week of tough weather. It has been cool for this time of year and we have had a lot of rain. The next three days will also be slow because of the cold front now upon us. On Monday the tides will be stronger and the water will warm up a bit.

Redfish, that have been reluctant to tail, will begin their shallow water feeding habits with this next weak moon period. I expect to find them on the young flood tide in Whiddens Creek, Three-in-One and around the Gap. They will probably stay active for several hours each day.

Snook are going to be in hiding and because they are out of season , I will be leaving them alone. Too much stess on the fish.

Seatrout have been dynamite in Sarasota and Boca Grande. Boca seems to have more trout and Sarasota seems to have larger trout. Along with the trout, Sarasota has a huge population of large ladyfish. These are ideal for the fly. Some of the ladyfish we caught this week were over 24” and at least 3 lbs. , maybe 4 lbs. On a four weight fly rod they felt like twenty pounds.

Standing outside this morning, I was thinking that the temperature was not all that bad. But yes, it was cold. Not as cold as anywhere north of Florida. It is still the best weather in the country all winter. Come and see for yourself.

Tight Lines
Pete

941-923-6095
[email protected]
captpete
Cabin Boy
Cabin Boy

Return to Florida - Southwest