Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Lane&Mangrove Snapper & Keeper Red Grouper:SW FL Fis

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Lane&Mangrove Snapper & Keeper Red Grouper:SW FL Fis

Postby fishbuster » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:25 pm

I fished Monday, 29 miles off New Pass in about 70 feet, with Dave Carr, Chester Yanik, and friend Bob. We used live shrimp to catch five nice lane snapper, all around 17 inches, keeper mangrove snapper to 14 inches, triggerfish and porkfish. We released at least a hundred short gag grouper to 20 inches, and several red grouper just short of keeper size, at 19 ½ inches.

I fished Tuesday 12 miles west of New Pass with Jack Heckle and Bob & T.J. We caught twelve keeper mangrove snapper, keeper sheepshead & porkfish, and some good-sized grunts, all on live shrimp.

Wednesday, Gregg Bedell and I fished around the 240 ledge area. We bagged ten of thirty keeper mangrove snapper to 15 inches, and a keeper red grouper. We released porgies and about fifty gag grouper shorts to 21 inches.

Friday, the Jane Anderson party fished with me at the 240 Ledge, where we caught keeper mangrove snapper to 14 inches, keeper triggerfish and whitebone porgies, and again released gag grouper shorts.

Dave Carr, who fished with me Monday, fished again Saturday, this time bringing his sons, Chris & Steven along. We fished the 240 ledge again, and bagged fifteen mangrove snapper, along with porgies, and released grouper shorts again. Two to three weeks ago, we were catching keeper-sized gags consistently, but the past week to two, most have been throw-backs, just short of legal size. The photo below is of father-daughter anglers Joe & Lauren Walsh, with a 24 inch gag grouper and a 14 inch hogfish, caught Christmas Eve on a Fishbuster Charter. Find complete info and fish photo album at www.fishbustercharters.com
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest