Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Keeper Grouper Back, Snapper, & Hogfish by Hook: Naples,

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Keeper Grouper Back, Snapper, & Hogfish by Hook: Naples,

Postby fishbuster » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:29 pm

I fished Wednesday with Andy Ungar and Al Layton, at the 240 ledge, using live shrimp. We caught a 24 inch gag grouper and a 23 ½ inch red grouper. We released lots of grouper shorts, along with some big whitebone porgies. We also boxed three limits of mangrove snapper to 15 inches and a 19 inch hogfish.

Thursday, I fished the ledge again, with the Kevin Walsh party. We caught over fifty mangrove snapper, and released all but fifteen keepers. We also bagged a 24 inch gag grouper. We released lots of grouper shorts, and also released a 15 inch hogfish, because it was a female. Most of the female hogfish this time of year are egg-laden, and releasing these will help assure that the hogfish population is not depleted.

The Pat Fitzgerald party fished the ledge area with me Friday, using live shrimp. We caught about thirty mangrove snapper, releasing all but a dozen keepers to 15 inches. We also caught two 15 inch hogfish, triggerfish, porgies and grunts, and released loads of grouper shorts, including a yellowmouth. Al Layton shows the 24 inch gag and 23 1/2 inch red grouper he caught wednesday, in the attached photo. Find complete info and fish photo album at www.fishbustercharters.com
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest