Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

Snapper Bite Strong After Charley,Red Grouper, Hogfish:SW FL

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

Snapper Bite Strong After Charley,Red Grouper, Hogfish:SW FL

Postby fishbuster » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 pm

On a first day back to fishing post-Hurricane Charley, Fishbuster Charters’ Captain Dave Hanson reports he fished with the Sarah Gordon party, in 37 feet, thirteen miles west of New Pass Thursday. “We caught a hogfish, a red grouper, seventeen mangrove snapper, and fourteen triggerfish, a whitebone porgy, and a jolthead porgy, all on live shrimp. We released lots of ladyfish, snapper and grouper shorts.

Friday, I fished again off New Pass, with Peter Haluenen and friends, Shauna, Mark & Mike. We caught two hogfish, fifteen mangrove snapper, nine triggerfish, and porkfish. We released lots of gag and red grouper, but did not catch any keeper size grouper. The snapper bite has been especially strong in the aftermath of the hurricane.

Bill Fritzo, fiancee Angel, and Angel’s parents fished with me Saturday, in 33 feet eight miles off Vanderbilt Beach. Using live shrimp, we caught lots of nice sized triggerfish. We also released lots of gag and red grouper shorts, which were abundant because of the structure at this spot. I will be back there this winter when the big grouper move in to spawn. We also released small mutton snapper, which I have never caught at that spot before. Angel, who wanted to catch a shark, got her wish when she got to fight a 3 foot lemon shark.
8)
Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest