Privacy
 Terms of Use
 Web Development

first kingfish; redfish bayside: Gulf & Bay report-SW FL

East Cape to Englewood

Moderator: admin

first kingfish; redfish bayside: Gulf & Bay report-SW FL

Postby fishbuster » Sat May 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Fearing more rough seas after a windy weekend, I fished Estero Bay and its creeks on Monday, 5/2, with live shrimp. We caught three redfish, one of which was a keeper at 19 inches, and keeper sheepshead. We released jack cravalle, and lost a battle with a nice snook.

I fished Tuesday, 17 miles west of New Pass. Seas were a little sloppy in the early morning, but calmed down toward mid-morning. We used live shrimp to catch a 30 inch king mackerel, three yellowtail snapper to 18 ½ inches, and whitebone porgies. We released a lot of gags to 21 inches and red grouper to 19 inches.

After a rainy couple of days Wednesday and Thursday, I fished Estero Bay Friday. We caught a keeper sheepshead, a keeper redfish, and released jack cravalle and ladyfish.

I fished Estero Bay again Saturday, with live shrimp, around the oyster bars and islands by Wiggins Pass. We caught four keeper sheepshead about 14 inches each, three keeper mangrove snapper about 12 inches each, and a keeper redfish at 18 ½ inches. We released small sheepshead, a couple of short redfish, and jack cravalle.

The photo shown is of a 24 inch redfish caught on a recent backwater trip in Estero Bay.

Captain Dave Hanson
Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
Bonita Beach, FL
(239) 947-1688
[email protected]
www.fishbustercharters.com
fishbuster
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - Southwest