Terms of Use
 Web Development

First Time Salt Fly Fisher to visit Bradenton - Tampa Bay

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

First Time Salt Fly Fisher to visit Bradenton - Tampa Bay

Postby flygal06 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Hiya all,

I'm an avid freshwater fly fisher from northern New Hampshire. I have a 9ft 9wt salt fly rod & reel and can cast it with no difficulties. Have used some heavy flies on my fresh water rods and know how to cast and not catch myself.

I have never fly fished in Salt Water and this is a once in a life time chance to fish in the south Tampa Bay, Bradenton area - I usually don't go south of my town nestled in the White Mountains.

I'm asking if anyone can point me to some productive spots. I'm not asking for anyone’s secret spots (I have many for my area), but I wish to make this a real treat for myself (being a one time deal) and wish to have a really good time.

I will have one full day to fish and parts of a few more days and/or evenings. I’m comfortable wadding and may have access to a boat. My fishable visit days will start Mar 30th to April 3rd. What do I wish to fish for? I don't know - What in your oppinion would be best to hunt for in this area?

I have made a number of clouster patterns, shrimp, crab and bait fish patterns - anything else I should not leave home without?

Holding my breath till my FLA visit,
Nome :oops:
flygal06

Return to Florida - West Coast