Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report

Postby captchas » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:25 pm

Tampa Bay Area
Fishing Report
Captain Charles Walker
4/27/03

For all you snook fishermen, only a few days to go before the season closes on the 1st of May. As you'll read below, I've had lots of snook reports all around the Bay area this week. Also some nice kings moved into the area ahead of and with the big blow on Friday night. After the 4-6 inches of rain we got from the storm I'm surprised at the amount of fish being taken in the Bay on Saturday and Sunday. Usually the mud and fresh water slows everything down for a few days at least. We're still in the height of kingfish season as far as the date is concerned, so maybe things are really going to be hot this week.

On to the bait house reports:
Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 - A lot of trout are still being caught on the flats around *beep* Bay. Some kings have come in and lots of Spanish mackerel have been caught this week. A couple of cobia have been caught in our area on pinfish and some nice snook are being caught on the last weekend before the season closes.

Trappman's Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg - 727-579-1414- There was a big run of Spanish mackerel this week, even in the crummy weather. Lots of jacks have been caught and a few sheepshead have come in from the bridge. Reds have been biting well on shrimp around Weedon Island, Snug Harbor and the 4th St. Bridges. Snook are biting well at night around the docks.

Don's Dock on Madeira Beach - 727-391-3223- Snook have been biting well in the pass around the piers this week. Some nice pompano have been caught around the jetty this week. Some nice kings were brought in this week, mostly from south of the pass. Lots of trout and reds are being caught inshore this week.

Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Our offshore boats are catching grouper, mangrove snapper, Spanish mackerel, some kings, and lots of grunts. Anglers on our gas dock were catching keeper grouper, Spanish mackerel and some mangrove snapper this week.

The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- Lots of kings have come over the rail this week. Barracuda, cobia, Spanish mackerel, big speckled trout, pompano, sharks. The best time to fish is early morning and late afternoon using live greenbacks.

Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie's fishing report on the Internet.

If you want more information about fishing in the Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at [email protected] or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: http://www.floridasaltwater.com .

Good fishing and tight lines,
Capt. Charlie
http://www.flfish.com
captchas
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - West Coast