Sarasota Florida Report

Venice to Cedar Key

Moderator: admin

Sarasota Florida Report

Postby Capt. Bob Smith » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm

September 8, 2007
Sarasota Florida Fishing Report
By Capt. Bob Smith

Bay fishing is still pretty good! Small black-tip sharks and bluefish are hitting well in open water on live whitebait. Chumming up the water with a little live bait (sardines) will pickup the action.

Working around the docks with live shrimp has produced some very nice redfish. Pilchards and deep running lures will also catch redfish and snook around the docks. Normally I like to use a small splitshot with live bait and let it sink to the bottom and sit for a little while before I move it. You need to be flexible on this because it is not always the same.

Fishing on the grassflats with the DOA 3” shrimp has produced a large variety of fish including some very nice sea trout. The grassflats are loaded with very small fish of all kinds that will steal your small live shrimp in a heart-beat. They go after the DOA lures but it takes them a lot longer to destroy it which gives you more time to hookup with the bigger fish. Mangrove snapper are hitting very fast on the live shrimp but only one out of 12 will make the 10” limit.

Enjoy & Protect
My Website: http//www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com
Capt. Bob Smith
Featured Guide
Featured Guide

Return to Florida - West Coast